Thank you for the Thank you's

What I Received.

I sometimes use this blog as a personal sounding board... a little rant about things that bother me. I'm never sure if anyone really reads it or if it interests anyone but myself, but my last one, about thank you letters, seemed to hit a nerve; lots of emails, lots of comments. It triggered something. I didn't think I would benefit from writing it but a few days later, I received 3 thank you letters.

One of them thanked me for everything I had done for the last 15 years of knowing that person and it was so lovely; even better than receiving one every time I had done something nice. The other two were equally thankful and it really was a joy to receive them. I then had a dinner party at the weekend and found a beautiful thank you letter on my doorstep the very next day. Wow.

So, I thank you for reading this, I thank you for commenting; I even thank Roger, my lovely American family friend for correcting my appalling grammar.

I thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts